REGISTER AT THE MAIN INFO BOOTH AND PLEASE NO PERSONAL FIRES (COMMUNITY FIRES ARE PROVIDED).
FREE camping in the Subaru of America Campground.
Camping is by far the best way to experience the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience. The living is easy and the camping is FREE at the Subaru of America Campground on the banks of the Eastwood Lagoon under the shade of stately sycamore trees located right outside the event. Make friends, stay close to the action of the event, and even take a mid-day nap.
Camping registration begins at noon on Friday. Public camping ends Sunday at 5 PM. See below for registration details.
A limited number of spots for pop-up campers, and group camping are available with pre-registration. Individual and small group tent camping does not need to pre-register.
REGISTRATION IS ON-SITE ONLY FOR INDIVIDUAL AND INFORMAL GROUP (FRIENDS AND FAMILY) TENT CAMPING
Register at the information tent located inside the main entrance gateway, Friday noon – 7 PM, Saturday 7 AM – 10 PM or Sunday 11 AM – 5 PM. Those checking in Friday night after hours can set up and register Saturday morning.
Limited space is set aside for vehicle camping, near the campground. Let the parking staff know that you will be camping in/on your vehicle as you make your way down the park road so you can more easily access the camping area. Vehicle camping includes car top tents, conversion vans, and sleeping in your Subie (or other).
Visit the information tent located inside the main entrance gateway to the festival beginning Friday at noon. Those checking in Friday night after 7 PM can set up and register Saturday morning. Friday and Saturday permits are available.
Options for camping at Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience:
(1) Friday Night Only (2) Friday and Saturday Nights (3) Saturday Night Only (checkout is 5 PM on Sunday)
- All Campers
- Quiet hours will apply in the tent camping area.
- If you wish to socialize, please move conversations to the night owl campfire that will be located outside of the main camping area.
- Night Owls: For those who like to socialize.
- A communal fire pit will be available.
- Loud voices and other noises carry, so please use hushed tones as you celebrate a great weekend.
- Please be respectful of your camping neighbors.
Pop Up Campers (and small campers)
A limited amount of camper space will be available at the lake entrance of Eastwood MetroPark (1401 Harshman Rd.). Campers must be pop-up in style or less than 15 feet long. No RVs. Camper space is primitive. Restrooms are available, but grey water dumping and electricity are not. Camper trailers can be unhooked and parked at the designated spaces at the lake side of Eastwood MetroPark. The pull vehicle can then be driven to the event (1385 Harshman Rd.).
Biking from this camping area to the event is another option thanks to a separated path on the Harshman Rd. bridge that connects both sides of the park.
- First parking lot only.
Pop-up camper parking is limited to the first 20 pop-up campers. Register at Information Central when you get to the event.
Formal Group Camping (Organized Groups)
- Additional designated camping spots will be made available for Scout Troops, college and other formally organized groups of campers.
- For more information on the event and organized group camping please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to standard Five Rivers MetroParks rules and regulations, the following rules must be followed:
- All campers can set up beginning Friday at noon and must check out Sunday by 5PM.
- Campers must provide all of their own equipment.
- Slacklines are welcome in the campground.
- Hammocks are permitted if suitable trees can be found.
- No fires allowed except in designated event community fire pits managed by campground staff.
- Please do not dig additional pits or scarify the land.
- Food can be cooked on camp stoves or traditional backpacker stoves.
- Five Rivers MetroParks supports and encourages Leave No Trace Principles.
- Alcohol must stay within the designated event area and is not permitted in the campgrounds.
- Restrooms and drinking water access are available, although it is located near main restrooms.
- Electricity is not available in the campground.
- Fireworks are not permitted.
- Five Rivers MetroParks is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
- Campers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All pets must be kept on a leash, and please dispose of pet waste properly.
- Remember to be considerate of other visitors. Quiet hours are 10 PM – 8 AM both nights.
- No glass containers are allowed.
Security will be on site 24-7 for any concerns. You can reach a MetroParks Ranger for non-emergencies by calling Montgomery County Dispatch at 937-535-2580.
For Emergencies, Dial 911. The campground is located at 1385 Harshman Rd., Dayton at the Eastwood MetroPark park entrance with the traffic light, NOT at the Lake entrance. After entering “park side” the campground is about 1 mile into the park near the end of the park road.
Tent camping allows you to experience the sights, sounds and smells of the great outdoors without the distraction of modern conveniences. There’s no better way to truly get back to nature. At the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience, we have everything you need to start your camping journey.