Whether you’re already an official Five Rivers MetroParks volunteer or you just have a few hours available, you can help create the magic of the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience. Novices and veterans alike are welcome. Read what people have said about being a volunteer at this awesome event:
“I love MetroParks. They always do such a great job and this is my favorite event, so I love helping out any way I can.” — official Five Rivers MetroParks volunteer
“Last year was my first time volunteering. I loved it! I’ve already marked my calendar for next year’s event.” —newcomer to Dayton
“It was the perfect way to get my friends involved in something we’d all enjoy—being outside, having fun, helping people get active. And when you’re done volunteering, the beer garden awaits.”—University of Dayton students
Many volunteer opportunities are available during OutdoorX. Volunteer opportunities include event setup the week of the event, support of activities during the event weekend and event tear down. Volunteers will receive a T-shirt and delicious snacks!
The volunteer needs for 2022 include:
- Action Sports Assistants Provide a checkpoint for safety requirements such as wearing helmets at activity areas.
- Event Setup & Tear Down Help build the event by setting up various areas; help with post-event tear down.
- Event Support Team Exhibitor escort & setup/photographer/climbing wall/Used Gear/volunteer check-in
- Information Team Provide excellent customer services to visitors attending the event; answer questions; give site directions.
- Compost Assistants Help us reduce waste by manning a waste station at the event.
- Paddling Assistants Help support our paddling area by fitting life jackets and helping visitors getting in and out of boats.
If you have questions about volunteering, please contact Yvonne Dunphe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions About Volunteering:
How old does someone have to be in order to volunteer at this amazing event? You must be at least 14 years old to volunteer at a MetroParks event and a parent/guardian must be on site at all times. This is a family friendly event, so we encourage your whole family to get involved somehow.
When should I arrive for my scheduled volunteer shift? Please arrive at the Volunteer Registration tent using the Springfield Street entrance to Eastwood MetroPark 15 minutes before your scheduled shift starts. This will allow time to check in, find your assigned area, and meet the friendly faces who’ll be volunteering with you.
Whom do I contact if I have to cancel at the last minute? If for some reason you get sick or have an emergency that prevents you from volunteering for your shift, please contact Jenny Hymans, Volunteer Coordinator, at 937-275-7275 (PARK) or email@example.com or Volunteer Services as soon as possible so we can fill the vacancy.
Are snacks and drinks provided? We appreciate the effort of our volunteers and will again be providing a hospitality area with food and drinks. We appreciate all of the businesses who donated or discounted products and services to support the hospitality area. In 2019 that included; Whole Foods, Subway, Barry Bagels, and more.