Used Gear Area, hosted by Dayton Hikers
Visit the Used Gear area to shop, consign or donate.
Donate or Consign to benefit Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation
Donate your used gear and all proceeds will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
Consign your used gear and the 15% consignment fee will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
Visitors to the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation-related equipment and earn some extra cash—which is perfect to jump-start your next new gear purchase! All consignment fees will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. You can also choose to donate the entire sale proceeds to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. The Foundation supports all of our Five Rivers MetroParks parks, conservation efforts and educational and recreational services.
The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to get that unused gear back in action with a new owner and support the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. This reduces waste in our landfills and puts more gear in your collection. We are proud to help support aspiring outdoor enthusiasts get started on their own adventures by offering them the opportunity to purchase used gear as part of our Waste Free Initiative.
Consignment Sales and Donations
Consignment Sales are managed by Dayton Hikers with the consignment fee donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
Drop off your items at the Used Gear area and go enjoy the festival while Dayton Hikers tries to earn you, and/or the Foundation some cash!
Volunteers from Dayton Hikers will manage your gear, up to 30 items. Drop off your items and tag and price them, and Dayton Hikers manage the rest.
Used Gear can be dropped off by consignees between 4 PM and 7 PM on Friday, October 4, and anytime during Used Gear sale hours. Limited vehicle access to the Used Gear Area is available Friday only from 4 PM to 7 PM. Consignees must sign a completed agreement form when dropping off their items for consignment.
- ALL items inside consignment area tent must be registered, tagged and priced. Tags will be provided and must be used. If you have a large quantity of items contact Dayton Hikers for tags and instructions prior to the event.
- You will receive 85 percent of the sale price in cash. A 15 percent consignment fee will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
- Please consider donating your used gear and 100% of the sales proceeds will go to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. Support our Five Rivers MetroParks!
All unclaimed items and funds must be picked up by 3 PM on Sunday. If vehicle access is needed, check in by 3 PM and then wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 4:30 PM. Any unclaimed items will be given to charity.
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
- Five Rivers MetroParks and Dayton Hikers ABSOLUTELY reserve the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment and apparel.
- Prohibited items include but are not limited to:
- Motorized recreational vehicles/equipment — e.g. scooters, all-terrain vehicles, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- Traditional team sports gear — e.g. basketballs, tennis rackets, soccer balls
- Golf clubs
- Folding, locking blade, under 4-inch blade knives permitted
- Firearms and other weapons
- Five Rivers MetroParks and Dayton Hikers are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the Used Gear area.
- Consignment agreement forms must be filled out by each consignee dropping off items.
- Cash Only. An ATM is available near the music stage.
- All sales are final. No refunds or returns.
- All unclaimed items and funds must be picked up 3 PM on Sunday. If vehicle access is needed, check in by 3 PM and then wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 4:30 PM. Any unclaimed items will be given to charity. * For questions please email Vickie at email@example.com