Used Gear Area
Shop, consign, swap, sell or donate outdoor recreation gear.
New For 2018:
Donate your used gear! The sales proceeds of your donated gear will be donated the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
The 15% consignment fee for all gear sales will be donated the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation courtesy of Dayton Hikers.
Visitors to the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation-related equipment and earn some extra cash—which is perfect to jump-start your next new gear purchase! All consignment fees will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. Do you have an item you wish to donate? If so, the entire sales proceeds will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. Contributions to the support all of our Five Rivers MetroParks parks, conservation efforts and educational and recreational services.
The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to get that unused gear back in action with a new owner and support the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. This reduces waste in our landfills and puts more gear in your collection. We are proud to help support aspiring outdoor enthusiasts get started on their own adventures by offering them the opportunity to purchase used gear as part of our Waste Free Initiative.
The Used Gear Area provides a few different opportunities for you to consign, sell, donate or buy gear:
Consignment Sales and Donations
Consignment Sales Managed by Dayton Hikers with all proceeds donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
Drop off your items, have someone else sell them, enjoy the festival and come back to cash!
Volunteers from Dayton Hikers will manage your gear, whether you have one or 100 items. You drop off your items and tag and price them, and Dayton Hikers manage the sale and transaction. Consigners must check in at the Used Gear Area shelter. Used Gear can be dropped-off will be from 3 PM to 9 PM on Friday, October 5, and anytime during Used Gear sale hours. Limited vehicle access to the Used Gear Area is available until 7 PM on Friday for drop-off. Consigners must sign a completed agreement form when dropping off their items for consignment.
- ALL items inside consignment area tent must be registered, tagged and priced. Tags will be provided and must be used. If you have a large quantity of items contact Dayton Hikers for tags and instructions prior to the event.
- You will receive 85 percent of the sale price in cash. A 15 percent consignment fee will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
- Please consider donating your used gear. 100% of the sales proceeds of donated items will go to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation. Support our MetroParks!
All unclaimed items and funds must be picked up by 3pm on Sunday. If vehicle access is needed, check in by 3 PM and then wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 4:30 PM. Any unclaimed items will become property of Dayton Hikers.
Used Gear Swap
The Used Gear Swap is designed for those who want to manage their own sales and negotiations with potential buyers. You manage your stuff and your space. You keep 100 percent of your sales. A donation to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation is welcome and encouraged and can be made at the Used Gear area.
Tables are reserved for individuals wishing to sell and trade items to other adventure enthusiasts. If you have a table to sell items, you are responsible for handling your own transactions and watching
your equipment. Space is free and available on a first come, first served basis. Participants are responsible for their own shelter in the event of inclement weather.
Vehicle access is restricted during event operation hours. We encourage you to set up on Friday before 7 PM or Saturday morning before 9:30 AM. Otherwise, you will need to carry items to the Used Gear Area.
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
- Five Rivers MetroParks and Dayton Hikers ABSOLUTELY reserve the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment and apparel.
- Prohibited items include but are not limited to:
- Motorized recreational vehicles/equipment — e.g. scooters, all-terrain vehicles, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- Traditional team sports gear — e.g. basketballs, tennis rackets, soccer balls
- Golf clubs
- Folding, locking blade, under 4-inch blade knives permitted
- Firearms and other weapons
- Five Rivers MetroParks and Dayton Hikers are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the Used Gear area.
- Consignment agreement forms must be filled out by each consignee dropping off items.
- Cash and credit cards are accepted. No checks. An ATM is available near the main entrance.
- All sales are final. No refunds or returns.
- All unclaimed items and funds must be picked up 3 PM on Sunday. If vehicle access is needed, check in by 3 PM and then wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 4:30 PM. Any unclaimed items will be given to charity. * For questions please email Vickie at firstname.lastname@example.org