We are proud to offer something for everyone, including the family dog! In the last few years at OutdoorX, more and more dog owners have decided to bring their furry friends along for the festival fun.
Here are just a few of the ways furry members of the family can enjoy the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience:
- Live it up in the Bark Zone by socializing with other dogs and swimming off-leash in the Subaru Pooch Island dog park.
- Run with humans in the Ruff Run 5K, presented by Runners Plus.
- Learn to fly like a Subaru DockDog.
- Stay hydrated at water bowls around the event supplied by SICSA.
- Sniff out dog treats during Yappy Hour at the Best Breed booth.
- Join the Greater Dayton Humane Society for doggie activities at the Pooch Playground.
- Pooch Parking by Wagtown, try an activity or grab some grub while Wagtown volunteers watch your pup.
Dogs must be kept on leads when not in off-leash area at Subaru Pooch Island dog park and swim area or participating in Buckeye DockDogs.
Things to consider before bringing Fido to a festival:
- We can’t guarantee that everyone’s dog will be friendly and well socialized dog at OutdoorX, so please don’t assume all dogs want to be petted or are comfortable meeting your dog. Ask first and proceed cautiously.
- Be aware that blaring speakers, air dancers and other loud sounds or abrupt movements might scare your dog. Dogs can get overwhelmed by all the sights and sounds of a festival, so be prepared to leave if your dog shows signs of stress, like excessive panting, cowering, barking, etc.
- Poo bags and disposal stations can be found through out the festival, as well as watering areas.
Dogs on leashes are permitted at all MetroParks with the exceptions of Aullwood Garden, the gardens at Wegerzyn Gardens and the farm complexes at Possum Creek and Carriage Hill MetroParks. Leashes may be no longer than 8 feet. Dog droppings must be removed from trails. Please do not bring pets to public programs unless the program specifies that pets are welcome.