Used Gear Area
Shop, consign, swap or sell outdoor recreation gear.
Visitors to the Wagner Subaru Outdoor Experience have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation-related equipment and earn some extra cash—which is perfect to jump-start your next new gear purchase! A portion of consignment fees will be donated to support Leave No Trace.
The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to get that unused gear back in action with a new owner. This reduces waste in our landfills and puts more gear in your collection. We are proud to help support aspiring outdoor enthusiasts get started on their own adventures by offering them the opportunity to purchase used gear as part of our Waste Free Initiative.
The Used Gear Area provides a few different opportunities for you to sell or buy gear:
Managed by Green Earth Outdoors with a portion of the proceeds supporting Leave No Trace.
Drop off your items, have someone else sell them, enjoy the festival and come back to cash!
Green Earth Outdoors staff will manage your gear, whether you have one or 100 items. You drop off your items and tag and price them, and Green Earth Outdoors manages the sale and transaction. Consigners must check in at the Used Gear Area shelter. Used Gear drop-off will be from 3 PM to 9 PM on Friday, September 30, and from 9 AM to 11 AM on Saturday, October 1. Limited vehicle access to the Used Gear Area is available until 7 PM on Friday for drop-off.
- Consigners must sign a completed agreement form when dropping off their items for consignment.
- ALL items inside consignment area tent must be registered, tagged and priced. Tags will be provided and must be used. If you have a large quantity of items contact Green Earth Outdoors for tags and instructions prior to the event.
- A 20 percent consignment fee will be charged. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a conservation organization.
You will receive 80 percent of the sale price in cash or you can choose to donate up to 100 of your profit to Leave No Trace, and Green Earth Outdoors will match your gift (up to the value of the consignment fee). Example: If your item sells for $100, your consignment fee will be $20 and you receive $80 in cash. If you choose to donate that $80 to Leave No Trace, Green Earth Outdoors will match the donation up to $20.
All unclaimed items and funds must be picked up 4 PM on Sunday. If vehicle access is needed, check in by 4 PM and then wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 4:30 PM. Any unclaimed items will be given to charity.
Used Gear Swap
The Used Gear Swap is designed for those who want to manage their own sales and negotiations with potential buyers. You manage your stuff and your space. You keep 100 percent of your sales.
Tables are reserved for individuals wishing to sell and trade items to other adventure enthusiasts. If you have a table to sell items, you are responsible for handling your own transactions and watching your equipment. Space is free and available on a first come, first served basis. Participants are responsible for their own shelter in the event of inclement weather.
Vehicle access is restricted during event operation hours. We encourage you to set up on Friday before 7 PM or Saturday morning before 9:30 AM. Otherwise, you will need to carry items to the Used Gear Area.
Green Earth Outdoors will also be selling closeout clearance items from its store. You might find a screaming deal on brand new items!
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
- Five Rivers MetroParks and Green Earth Outdoors ABSOLUTELY reserve the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, nonconsumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment and apparel.
- Prohibited items include but are not limited to:
- Motorized recreational vehicles/equipment — e.g. scooters, all-terrain vehicles, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- Traditional team sports gear — e.g. basketballs, tennis rackets, soccer balls
- Golf clubs
- Folding, locking blade, under 4-inch blade knives permitted
- Firearms and other weapons
- Five Rivers MetroParks and Green Earth Outdoors are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the Used Gear area.
- Consignment agreement forms must be filled out by each consigner dropping off items.
- CASH ONLY for transactions under $50. No checks. Visa and MasterCard are accepted in the consignment and clearance areas for transactions over $50. An ATM is available near the main entrance.
- All sales are final. No refunds or returns.
- All unclaimed items and funds must be picked up 4 PM on Sunday. If vehicle access is needed, check in by 4 PM and then wait until vehicles can enter the site at approximately 4:30 PM. Any unclaimed items will be given to charity.
- For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org